COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Keeping everyone safe!
Gathering in person for workshops has been a transition over the past two years. We understand the sense of community that in person events bring alive as well as the added value for training such as CPSI. With the dynamic COVID-19 situations and emerging variants, we want to remind everyone of our shared responsibility to ensure that everyone is safe, healthy, and comfortable while attending RRS events.
Below you will find our COVID-19 protocols. First is how we as organizers and hosts will help create a healthy, safe Workshop environment. Second, are expectations for all of our attendees (attendees, Sponsors, Organizing Staff) so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable learning experience.
Know that we are working diligently with Conference partners to ensure the health and safety of all event attendees. We are continually monitoring updates in COVID-19 data, including protocols from NCDHHS, the CDC, the local host site jurisdiction, and NC State University. Should guidelines change we will adjust our health and safety protocols as required.
What to expect from your event organizers and host
- Event Space: The session room and exhibit area are set up for ample space. The sessions will be held in a larger area, rather than a smaller classroom, to allow for improved ventilation. In addition, our room setup will allow for 3-6 foot spacing between attendees in the sessions and at lunch.
- Venue Space: All staff wear masks and gloves when appropriate. Hand sanitizer dispensers are throughout the facility.
- Contact & Interaction: The conference program will all be provided electronically to minimize need to transfer paperwork. For the CPSI exam, NRPA and the testing service have protocols in place for the paper based exam / answer sheet, and CEU documentation.
- Keeping you Notified of Any Changes: Current conditions are fluid, so know that we’re monitoring regional, state and national trends closely. Health and safety is of primary importance. We will advise everyone ASAP should major changes take place to ensure everyone can make safe decisions.
- Frequent Sanitizing: We will work the Venue to make sure that all high-touch surfaces are frequently sanitized.
- Arrive with documentation: When checking in at the conference you must show proof of vaccination (paper or electronic), OR a negative COVID test (within 72 hours of arrival). Vaccination: We will accept a picture or scan from your cell phone, photocopy, or original document of your CDC-issued vaccination card. To be fully vaccinated, you must be: 14 days after your second shot of either Moderna or Pfizer OR 14 days after your first shot of Johnson & Johnson. We know that even with the Delta, Omicron and sub-variants, vaccinated people are less likely to get COVID, and just as importantly, are unlikely to get seriously ill or require hospitalization.
- Don’t Attend If You’re Sick: If you’re not feeling well, please do not attend the workshop! While COVID is the most concerning sickness these days, even the flu or cold are not something that we want to share with others.
- Bring Your Masks: You must wear a mask at all times while indoors, unless actively eating or drinking. We anticipate that most of you have found and use masks that fit you well, and feel good. We will have masks and hand sanitizer available if needed.
- Social Distancing: Even though we’re all masked up, please respect others’ social distance needs without judgment.
- Complete the COVID / Workshop Attendance Form online. It is required of everyone attending the Workshop.