July 17-19, 2018
NC State University – McKimmon Center
Hosted by Recreation Resources Service
About the Course
The Certified Playground Safety Inspector course prepares professionals to recognize and prevent potential playground hazards and to inspect playgrounds for safety issues using current ASTM International standards and CPSC guidelines.
Course participants learn how to:
- Identify hazards on public playgrounds and playground equipment
- Rank hazards according to injury potential
- Apply that info and establish a playground safety program
After taking the CPSI course, participants have the knowledge needed to
- Establish a sound risk reduction program;
- Establish a system of repair, retrofit, and removal of hazardous equipment; and
- Create a routine inspection system.
Participants also gain the most up-to-date information to sit for the CPSI certification exam. Certification is valid for three years.
Directions and Accommodations
Other Safety Resources
National Program for Playground Safety. Research, Training and Services
ASTM Standards. Search for playground equipment, or F1487-05. http://www.astm.org
National Center on Accessibility. Information on ADA and Playgrounds
The World Playground Parks and Recreation Products and Services Web Directory.
Research and Design Resources
Natural Learning Initiative – Research and Design Assistance Program of the NCSU College of Design. NLI promotes the importance of the natural environment in the daily experience of all children.