July 21-23, 2020
NC State University McKimmon Center
Course Fee: $600 – Includes course materials, instruction, exam, lunch and refreshment breaks on Tuesday and Wednesday.REGISTER
About the Course
The Certified Playground Safety Inspector course prepares professionals to recognize and prevent potential playground hazards and to inspect playgrounds for safety issues using current ASTM International standards and CPSC guidelines.
Course participants learn how to:
- Identify hazards on public playgrounds and playground equipment
- Rank hazards according to injury potential
- Apply that info and establish a playground safety program
After taking the CPSI course, participants have the knowledge needed to
- Establish a sound risk reduction program;
- Establish a system of repair, retrofit, and removal of hazardous equipment; and
- Create a routine inspection system.
Participants also gain the most up-to-date information to sit for the CPSI certification exam. Certification is valid for three years.