Building on the success of the Meet Me at the Park Earth Month campaign, NRPA and The Walt Disney Company are coming together to invest $1 million in innovative play spaces grants.
It is well known that play is vital to our health and well being. This investment supports NRPA and Disney’s combined goal of providing one million kids and families with greater access to play.
Park and Recreation agencies in all 50 states, including D.C. and U.S. territories are invited to share their best ideas on increasing access to play for children and families. Grants will range between $10,000 and $50,000. Agencies with the most innovative and impactful projects will be awarded funding.
Grant applications are due June 23.
- Be a local or state government park and recreation agency, (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, etc.)
- Provide opportunities for community engagement and volunteerism in association with the project.
- Promote the project locally through its own communication channels and on social media.
- Administer surveys and collect data from at least 25 people at the project site once the project is completed.
- At least four of the selected grantees will be required to conduct a more in-depth evaluation. Tools and training will be provided to selected grantees.
Webinar to Learn More
NRPA will be hosting a webinar to go over the goals of the grant and frequently asked questions during the RFA period. To register for the webinar on Thursday, May 25th at 2pm EST click here.